I usually wake up frequently and have trouble falling asleep at night. I’ve tried many things to improve. Melatonin, Relaxation, Exercise, Trazodone… I have been doing better most nights.
Last night I couldn’t sleep. I rested which will help me get through the day. I do not know what brought this on.
Facty Health has a very good description of the symptoms.
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up during the night
- Waking up earlier than usual
- Still feeling tired after a long sleep session
- A lack of energy and tiredness during the day
- A lack of focus
- An increased chance of error or accident
- A reduced memory
Personally I think that anxiety and depression may be the cause rather than a symptom. It’s one one of those situations like which came first? The chicken or the egg.
Today I may end up taking a nap. I am that exhausted. Usually, I try not to nap unless I am not feeling well, because I sleep better at night.
Do you have trouble sleeping? If so what helps you sleep?
Love, Peace and Light! Rita