It’s difficult not to be stressed out with everything that is going on in the world today. Let’s talk strategy to try to reduce it. I have wrote about this before, here, here, here, here, and here too… Do you see a trend? Life is full of things that cause anxiety. This is just one more.
- Disconnect-it may be necessary to turn off the news and social media. Though it’s important to be aware of what’s happening, once a day is more than enough to keep informed. I was breaking my own rule and checking my phone in the middle of the night last week, my sleep suffered.
- Try to not engage in discussions that you know will upset you. Again I am guilty of this and even posted a few political posts. I decided to take them down when I felt my anxiety growing.
- Try to follow as normal a routine as you can. Or create a new routine if you are newly sequestered at home.
- Establish an exercise routine. This might help your immune system too.
- Meditate, Prayer or both. These have been helpful to me as I learned to deal with my own isolation due to my health.
- Find online support from friends, family, strangers. There is a group for almost anything out there. I have three online book clubs and a writing group that met on Zoom.
- Most of all remember to breathe! Breathe deeply in through your mouth and out through your mouth.
There are other techniques that you can use that help anxiety and you might need to employ them. Including calling your doctor for help. Sometimes medication helps tremendously! I have been on anti-anxiety medication very effectively both long term and short term.
What works for you? As you might have guessed keeping busy helps me tremendously.
Love, Peace and Light! Rita